This course is a must for all Line Managers, HR personnel, Employment Equity members and trade union representatives involved in the interview process. Understand the legislative framework that governs the cutting edge of transformation in the workplace – the recruitment process. Enhance your skills on how to identify, test and measure the competencies your candidates possess through the interview. Make the right decision based on merit and not short-lived impressions!
- Overview of the legislation
- Labour relations act
- Employment equity act
- Understanding discrimination
- Definition of “Suitably Qualified”
- Definition of competency
- Conducting the competency based interview
- Objectives of the interview
- Competency based interview questions
- How to probe
- Roleplay exercises
- Summary and closure
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legal framework in which recruitment is located and its impact.
- Understand discrimination in order to protect the organisation from the risk of such disputes.
- Follow an interview process that enables them to achieve the objective of the interview, to formulate competency based interview questions and to probe in order to gather information relevant to measuring competencies in the interview.
- Make informed recruitment decisions.
We have a panel of carefully selected trainers all of whom are legally qualified, have many years of experience as trainers and are often arbitrators/and or commissioners of the CCMA. Their extensive experience enables them to respond to ad hoc queries from delegates in a practical and empowering manner and is one of the factors which set us apart from the competition. Regular presenters include:
Joanne Philip is an admitted attorney who has been practicing as a specialist in the field of labour law since July 2003. She runs her own HR consulting business and has been training for CBA since 2005 with key focus in the private and public sector.
Dates and venues
11 October 2012 – Durban, Suncoast
12 October 2012 – Cape Town, Capetonian Hotel
26 October – Johannesburg, Genesis Suites
One delegate: R2 055.00 + VAT = R2 342.70
Three or more delegates: R1 868.19 + VAT = R2 129.74 per delegate