UIF Breakfast Seminar Re-run – 17 September 2012
LexisNexis is pleased to announce the UIF Breakfast Seminar, entitled The UIF Virtual Office, a Bold Step Into the Future, scheduled for 17 – 19 July. This very topical issue will be presented by Rob Nowicki, who has extensive experience in the design and development of electronic Payroll, Tax and HR systems. For some time now UIF processes have been tedious and time-consuming, but that is all set to change when this revolutionary new ‘UIF Virtual Office’ comes into full effect. This half-day seminar will start with a quick refresher on UIF and then get into the heart of the matter - a comprehensive run-down on how the new UIF processes work, and what you need to know - preparing you for what is to come.
About the seminar:
Traditionally, UIF processes were very tedious and time consuming, causing endless frustration for employers and delays in accessing those benefits when they are most needed. But that is all set to change. The new ‘Virtual Office’ will undoubtedly revolutionise the way in which we transact with the UIF and early results are showing hugely improved efficiencies and, most importantly, a massive time saving. The seminar will explain how the new ‘Virtual Office’ works – from what the employer/ employee is exposed to, to what happens behind the scenes – as well as why we believe this initiative will be successful.
- A quick review of UIF, what it is, who does it affect, how to calculate the contribution (i.e. based on what earnings), how to declare and submit information, and some interesting statistics.
- Who receives the contributions, how and why, and how it all gets consolidated within the UIF department.
- How the Employer declares and submits Employee data via the new ‘Virtual Office’. How it is consolidated at UIF and how it is matched up with an Employee claim.
- How the internal UIF system works and the process flows that leads to a claim being accepted/rejected and how this then gets converted into the financial benefit that the Employee ultimately receives (i.e. how their version of the ‘Virtual Office’ desktop facility works.)
- How the Forms, the U-filing service and the monthly upload of UIF data from the Payroll system get consolidated and how they all ‘talk’ to each other within the new ‘Virtual Office’ facility.
- How to get this all to work for you, the Employer.
Rob Nowicki has worked in the IT industry – specifically in areas related to payroll, tax and HR systems - for over 30 years. Rob has extensive experience in starting, managing and merging companies, both with regards to SMME as well as the large corporates.
Over and above his extensive management experience he has been actively involved with many marketing and brand-building initiatives within the Information Technology industry.
Rob continues to be active on the professional speaker circuit where he regularly presents papers on Employee Tax and Legislative issues, ‘cloud-based’ computing, Payroll/HR practices and many other related topics.
Dates and venues
17 September 2012 – Johannesburg, Southern Sun OR Tambo (011-977 3600)
07h00 Registration and Standing Continental Breakfast
08h30 Session 1: Brief Overview of UIF
10h30 Tea Break
11h00 Session 2: The Virtual Office
The Fees (VAT Inclusive)
One delegate – R1 700
Two or more delegates – R1 550 per delegate