Cookies help us to understand you better. Browse on or click to
21 Jul 2020 10:00 am by Ahmore Burger-Smidt
REGISTER FOR OUR INTRODUCTION TO POPI WEBINAR
The President has announced the commencement of the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act 4 of 2013 on 1 July 2020. This means all affected organisations must comply with the Act within 12 months or face hefty fines.
What is the POPIA Act?
The POPIA Act is concerned with the protection of personal information processed, managed and stored by public and private entities. It includes conditions to which all South African businesses must adhere to ensure an individual’s right to privacy and protection against identity fraud, as well as compliance with the law.
Is your business ready?
In order to comply with the POPIA Act, you need to establish what your organisation needs to do in terms of data protection. The POPIA Act places different responsibilities on each of the individuals involved in processing and handling personal information.
This introductory webinar will cover:
- Understanding the POPIA Act
- The importance of data privacy
- Reasons and implications for complying with the POPIA Act
- What the POPIA Act means for businesses today
- What organisations need to do to comply with the latest POPIA Act regulations
- Roles for organisations and individuals responsible for safeguarding personal information
Register for this free webinar and unlock a 10% discount on the LexisNexis e-store.