Cookies help us to understand you better. Browse on or click to
Registrars' Conference Resolutions - 2020
26 Nov 2020 12:00 am
- Conveyancing/Registrar's Circulars
- Deeds Office
- Registrar's Conference Resolutions
- Lexis Convey
At the Annual Registrar's Conference held recently seven matters were discussed and resolutions taken. These relate to the day to day practice of Conveyancing and Notarial Practice, and become operative on the 2nd January 2021, vide CRC 16 of 2005.
Everybody involved in conveyancing and notarial practice must take cognizance of the resolutions, as some have altered the practice and others have merely confirmed the existing practice.
The resolutions taken have been divided into specific categories, which are now dealt with under the said headings.
A. WITHDRAWAL OF PREVIOUS REGISTRARS' CONFERENCE RESOLUTIONS
- 1/2020 The following Registrars’ Conference Resolutions are withdrawn:
- RCR 54/1967 (see section 89 of Act 47 of 1937);
- RCR 22/1987 (see RCR 2/2020);
- RCR 2.14/1999 (see RCR 2/2020);
- RCR 21/2004 (see RCR 2/2020);
- RCR 35/2005 (see RCR 3/2020 and CRC 1/2020);
- RCR 2/2006 (see RCR 3/2020 and CRC 1/2020);
- RCR 12/2008 (see RCR 3/2020 and CRC 1/2020);
- RCR 6/2009 (see RCR 3/2020 and CRC 1/2020);
- RCR 4/2011 (see RCR 3/2020 and CRC 1/2020);
- RCR 3/2015 (RCR 7/2007 and RCR 6.12 of 1999 withdrawn by RCR 3/2015 remain withdrawn);
- RCR 29/2008 (see RCR 4/2020);
- RCR 16/2007 (see RCR 6/2020);
B. PREVIOUS REGISTRARS' CONFERENCE RESOLUTIONS
- 2/2020 Lodgement of Divorce Orders and Settlement Agreements.
- 3/2020 Interpretation of the concept "alienate".
- 4/2020 Retyping of page in Power of Attorney or Affidavit.
- 5/2020 Vesting of property in name of Partnership trading under name of a Joint Venture.
C. DEEDS REGISTRIES ACT, 1937 (ACT 47 OF 1937)
- 6/2020 Noting of lapsing of usufruct simultaneous with sheriff transfer.
D. REGULATIONS TO THE DEEDS REGISTRIES ACT 47 OF 1937
- 7/2020 - Who should consent on behalf of a deceased usufruct when application is to be made for a "VA" copy?